The International Dyslexia Association has launched an exciting new fundraising campaign called “TeamQuest”!
A message from Mary Wennersten, a former Arizona Branch President and a current member of the National IDA Board of Directors:
I will be “virtually running” at that the Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Half Marathon on June 5, 2016!! I am not a runner so I have committed to hiking a mountain during the marathon here in Phoenix, Arizona instead.
There are three ways you can help me:
- If you want to be an individual runner at the marathon, go to TeamQuest. Click on “Events“. Find the the Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Half Marathon. Click on “Register Myself“. Your registration will automatically be counted as part of the Arizona Team if you have an Arizona zip code.
- If you are not a runner and you want to participate virtually, like me, click onto my page. Find the button that says “Join Mary’s Team” and you will automatically be added to our Arizona IDA Team and help me raise the funds.
- If you want to just donate to the team, you can “Donate Now” and you will help me reach my goal!
The IDA is committed to funding:
- accreditation and certification programs that provide classroom teachers across the country with access to reading instruction necessary to help teach a child with dyslexia to read
- public awareness that reading is a civil right
- critical information and support for families and students
- publication of the latest research and best practices related to dyslexia
Locally, the Arizona Branch is committed to funding:
- Conference scholarships for parents, teachers and college students
- Dyslexia Simulation Programs that allow individuals to experience what it’s like to have dyslexia
- Educational workshops and conferences for educators, parents and students
Share this page with your friends…