The Board of AZ-IDA offers on-site seminars, workshops, and trainings about the description and assessment of dyslexia, the needs of struggling readers and spellers, and provision of structured literacy instruction. All of our presentations can be modified and adapted to meet the specific needs of your school, district, or organization.
Common topics include, but are NOT limited to the following:
- Dyslexia 101: What is Dyslexia, and How to Identify and Understand It (one hour to half-day presentations possible)
- Dyslexia Simulation Workshop: Experience Dyslexia! (requires minimum of 90 to 120 minutes)
Complete the contact form below to learn more or to bring a workshop to your location!
What attendees are saying about our “Simulation” workshop:
- …(learned) how frustrated students can get and how at times we do them a real disservice because we don’t stop to think about this. …learned how it felt to be a student with dyslexia – it brought tears to my eyes!
- …(understand) why my strugglers are so exhausted by the end of the day…how distracting background noise is to some kids.
- …experiencing some of the struggles and emotions of dyslexic student/person! Eye opening!
- I saw what it was like to walk in a child’s shoes with dyslexia- it was hard and frustrating. Very informative – great class.
- Very well done – hands on activities. I’ll remember how difficult dyslexia can be for a student.
- I need to slow down and encourage more.
- Wow – loved all the hands-on stuff! How very frustrating! Suddenly I couldn’t read or write.
- …identifying the emotions that come with not being able to read well. – Identifying how impatient I have been as a teacher.
- Since I felt it physically and emotionally, it really hit me and I will make a big conscious effort to watch what I say and do to or for students!
What attendees are saying about our “What is Dyslexia?” workshop:
- Good information about dyslexia and how to better identify symptoms in students.
- A better understanding of what to look for in students.
- The signs of dyslexia – and what it isn’t.
- Identifying dyslexia – problems students have due to dyslexia and misconceptions.
- Great PowerPoint – thanks for the copy. Good info for every grade level – strategies to help with students.
- Awareness of what can be done.
- All teachers need to review this information to better serve students who need help.
- So grateful to learn about this – thank you so much.
- Parents are always asking me if their child is dyslexic, and I never really knew how to respond – I do now! Thanks!
Share this page with your friends…