AZ IDA is currently seeking presentation proposals for our first Learning & Literacy Virtual Symposium, to be held on Saturday, September 25, 2021. Your participation will provide opportunities for parents, professionals, and educators to learn invaluable information about dyslexia throughout our communities.
Our Symposium Committee is here to assist you, do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the Call for Presentations.
Thank you! We look forward to your submissions!
INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
- Deadline for Call for Presenters Submissions: Monday, March 15, 2021
- Acceptance notifications by Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Symposium platform: Hopin
- Registration fee will be waived for presenters
- Presentations should be 1.0-1.5 hours each
- Single presenter or panel of presenters are welcome
- Presenters will be asked to give permission for their presentation handouts and recordings to be posted to a password-protected platform for 14 days after the event.*
Policies for Accepting Presentations
All completed submissions will be peer-reviewed by the AZ IDA Symposium Committee. Presentation proposals will be selected by the following criteria:>(1) Quality, (2) Distribution of subject matter, timeliness, popular demand, etc., (3) Program balance (i.e. basic, applied research, poster, sessions, etc.), and (4) Broad-based membership participation.
- Presenters are required to register for the AZ IDA Symposium. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to prepare and present a session. In recognition of this, a special presenter registration code will be provided. Please note that submission of the following Call for Presentations is an acknowledgment of the required registration policy.
- Presenters may not use the presentation to market products or services unless you have specifically described your session as a product presentation.
- By the deadline of May 15, 2021, the presenter(s) must submit:
- Disclosure Agreement – Each presenter will need to sign a disclosure agreement.
- Headshot – Each presenter will need to submit an image of themselves.
- By the deadline of August 15, 2021, the presenter must submit:
- Handouts/PDF file of your presentation. AZ IDA will post handouts online a week before and 14 days after the symposium. This will permit attendees to print handouts for sessions they plan to attend prior to the event.
- *Recording of presentation. The recording will be uploaded to a private platform and the link posted to a secure, password-protected website for access by symposium attendees for 14 days after the event.
NOTE: The handouts and recordings will be made available for only 14 days following the event’s date and then will be permanently removed from our platform, ending any user’s access at the conclusion of the symposium. The recordings are not the property of AZ IDA and are being used with your consent to only allow access to our symposium audience.
Carefully read all instructions before completing and submitting this form.
(Note: Failure to follow instructions may result in rejection of the proposal.)
Prior to completing this form, please read the form completely to ensure all of the information requested is provided including the following:
- Contact information for each Presenter
- Learner Outcomes
- Bio for each Presenter
Description of Submission Fields
Program Abstract: The Program Abstract is the direct copy for printing abstracts. It should be carefully prepared and proofread since it is printed as submitted. The abstract should not exceed 250 words.
Learning Outcomes: Learning Outcomes are behavioral statements reflecting the knowledge/skills participants are expected to demonstrate following participation in the session. Learning Outcomes are written in the format, “At the culmination of the session the participant will be able to …” (e.g., name the three principles of how structured literacy is taught.”) Click here for guidelines for Writing Measurable and Observable Learner Outcomes
Instructional Levels: All presentations must indicate the level of instruction utilizing the following descriptions:
Introductory: This level assumes the audience has little or no familiarity with the literature and professional practice with the areas covered.
Intermediate: This level assumes the audience has a general familiarity with the literature and professional practice with the area covered.
Advanced: This level assumes total familiarity with current literature and professional practice in the area.
Biographical Sketches of All Presenters: Biographical sketches include the name of the presenters, their affiliations (e.g., practice settings), and a brief description of their qualifications for presenting the proposed session. (Note: Biographical Sketches are not vitae or resumes, but are brief narratives of no more than 50 words.)
Disclosure Agreements: All presenters(the actual speakers at the session, including the session moderators) must read, understand, and agree to adhere to the principles, guidelines, and procedures outlined in the Author Agreement and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy by May 15th. Presenters who do not complete the agreement will be removed from the program and will not be allowed to present at the AZ IDA Learning & Literacy Symposium.
Submission of a Presentation indicates acceptance of the policies outlined above for symposium registration, program content, and agreement for not using the presentation as a method for selling products. AZ IDA reserves the right to edit abstracts, learning outcomes, and biographical sketches for space and grammatical errors.
Please note: WordPress forms are not Safari friendly. If you would like a PDF version of the Call for Presentations Form please email email@example.com
Questions regarding submissions and symposium sponsorship should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page with your friends…