September 17 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$299
S.P.I.R.E. Full-day Workshop:
S.P.I.R.E.® – Intensive Reading Intervention for nonreaders and struggling readers.
Now available with three flexible options for implementation!
About the Workshop
Attend our one-day workshop to learn about language-based learning disabilities and dyslexia, identification and placement screening of struggling readers, implementation and progress monitoring, pacing, and how to ensure that goals and expectations are clear so that instruction can be adapted as needed. Participants will gain the skills to effectively teach the S.P.I.R.E. curriculum. In this engaging, interactive workshop, participants will:
- Explore the scope and sequence of S.P.I.R.E.
- Learn how to assess the phonetic level of students and how to place them at the appropriate S.P.I.R.E. level
- Optimize the use of the S.P.I.R.E. materials and the time saving, teacher-friendly lesson plans included for each lesson
- Practice the multisensory teaching techniques utilized throughout the 10-step lesson
- Identify the progress monitoring assessments built into the program to ensure student success
- Discuss S.P.I.R.E.’s structure, pacing and opportunities for differentiation with experienced practitioners
Trainer: Nanci Ross
Nanci Ross is a special education consultant who provides research-based reading instruction professional development to districts throughout the U.S. to include screening and dyslexia. Nanci earned a Master’s Degree in Special Education with emphasis in Reading Disabilities from Utah State University. Nanci specializes in reading instruction and is Wilson Reading and Language Level 1 certified and is a Certified Dyslexia Diagnostician.
What is included:
Registration includes one each of the following S.P.I.R.E. Level 1 materials:
• Teacher Guide • Student Reader
• Blackline Master • Phonogram Cards Level 1-5
• Student Workbook • Word Cards
• Magnetic Board & Letter • Sound Circles
• Ancillary material for training
Continental breakfast included. Check-in registration 8:00am-8:30am, Workshop 8:30am-3:15pm. Lunch 12pm-1pm on own.
Who should attend?
This workshop is valuable for all educators serving grades Pre–K-8: Special Education Teachers, General Education Teachers, Resource Specialists, Reading Specialists, and other staff who work with students with reading difficulties.
Date: Tuesday, September 17th
Time: 8:30 am – 3:15 pm
Location: New Way Academy
Cost: $299.00 per person
Organized by: School Specialty Instruction & Intervention
This is not an AZ IDA hosted event; however, AZ IDA is providing financial resources for those who are interested in becoming educated in dyslexia. Click here to see if you qualify for an AZ IDA Scholarship.