- This event has passed.
Comprehensive IMSE Orton-Gillingham Training in Phoenix
November 4 - November 8$1175
IMSE Comprehensive Orton-Gillingham Training (30 hours)
The Comprehensive Training provides participants with an in-depth understanding of IMSE’s Orton-Gillingham methodology over the course of 30 hours. This course is a more traditional OG approach that focuses primarily on phonological awareness and phonics (along with encoding/decoding). Participants will also discuss how to teach fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension using the OG philosophy of multi-sensory, sequential, direct instruction. This approach can be incorporated into an already existing literacy program as well as stand alone. *See note.
This course is primarily geared towards elementary aged students and/or students who have very little knowledge of phonological awareness, phonics, basic literacy skills. This course is applicable for all three tiers of RTI. Therefore, the course is for:
- K-2 General Education Teachers as well as 3rd grade emergent readers
- Lower Elementary Special Education Teachers
- Lower Elementary Title 1 Teachers, Literacy Coaches
- Speech Language Therapists who want to expand their knowledge in literacy
- Lower Elementary English Language Learners (ELL)
- Anyone who wants to expand and enrich their knowledge in the foundation of the English language.
Participants will learn:
- How to administer IMSE informal criterion referenced assessments
- Phonological awareness assessment and strategies
- Multi-sensory strategies for reading, writing and spelling phonetic and non phonetic words
- Seven syllable types and 4 syllable patterns for encoding / decoding
- Explicit, multi-sensory strategies for teaching fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Guidelines for weekly lesson plans
For more information on this course, please click HERE
This is not an AZ IDA hosted event; however, AZ IDA is providing financial resources for those who are interested in becoming educated in dyslexia. Click HERE to see if you qualify for an AZ IDA Reimbursement Scholarship.